Professional Development Workshops
Content Correlates With Keystone STARS Performance Standards
STRATEGIES FOR INCREASING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE IN THE CLASSROOM
- What is EQ and why SO important
- Scientific correlation between the brain and emotions.
- Importance of Connection vs Isolation in children.
- Five parts of EQ and specific hands on activities to use in classroom.
DEVELOPING GROWTH VS FIXED MINDSET IN CHILDREN
- What is growth mindset and how it affects motivation and achievement in children.
- How the brain is wired that relates to overcoming a fixed mindset.
- How to shift into growth minded students with correct type of praise.
- Using the ‘Power of Yet’ to lead children to have a love of learning.
- Why do kids misbehave?
- Learn the 5 R’s of Consequences
- Why does ‘time in’ have more positive outcomes than ‘time out’?
- Turn your classroom into a safe and harmonious place for children and adults.
- What is Mindfulness and why important in order for children to be able to learn.
- Learn 3 important steps to help children become focused and calm.
- Discover the outcome from practicing Mindfulness.
- Take away specific activities that develop Mindfulness in children AND adults.
WORKSHOPS ALL HAVE CORRESPONDING PARNETING WORKSHOPS!
Sample Resources Used for Workshops
Organizations Helen Has Supported