The Emotional Intelligence of a Preschool matters to the climate of the classroom and how safe, calm, and cared for both children AND teachers feel. The result?
Less teacher burnout, higher student enrollment, and a cutting edge Center!
Check if the statement ALWAYS or OFTEN applies to your Childcare Center.
- ___ Teacher greets every child at the door each morning in a way the child has chosen.
- ___ Circle Time each morning to discuss feelings, emotion words, triggers, behaviors.
- ___ Classroom has a cozy corner where children can go for ‘time in’, to calm big emotions.
- ___ Children are taught a variety of emotion words to express how they feel.
- ___ Children can identify an emotion portrayed by a facial expression.
- ___ Children are able to express what caused specific emotions.
- ___ Children often hear, “How did (you doing, or saying) that make him/her feel?
- ___ You model empathy and give verbal recognition when someone shows kindness.
- ___ When a child says, “I can’t do that”, you follow up with YET. (The power of YET)
- ___ Children are intentionally asked to wait in order to build the ability to delay gratification.
- ___ You have time each day to have children do deep breathing/ relaxation exercises.
- ___ Children are given guidance how to make friends.
- ___ Star of the Week given for a child showing kindness, helping, and saying kind words.
EQ has more influence than IQ on success in life.
Interested in learning more about my Teacher Training?
‘Elevate Emotional Intelligence in the Classroom and Increase Student Enrollment and Tackle Teacher Burnout’